FUNDRAISING AND COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR (100%)
Founded in 2002, TRIAL International is a non-governmental organization fighting impunity for international crimes and supporting victims in their quest for justice. The organization takes an innovative approach to the law, paving the way to justice for survivors of unspeakable suffering. With offices in Geneva, Bosnia-Herzegovina and the Democratic Republic of Congo, TRIAL International provides legal assistance, litigates cases, develops local capacity, and pushes the human rights agenda forward.
In order to strengthen the structure of the organization and accompany its growth, we are looking for a motivated, professional Fundraising and Communications Director, a full-time position based in Geneva.
The overall mission is to strengthen TRIAL International’s positioning by increasing its visibility and reinforcing its financial independence. This critical contribution will enable TRIAL International to act with agility and focus and proactively take on new opportunities. As a member of the Management Team, the Fundraising and Communications Director contributes to the successful management of the organization.
- To implement a controlled diversification of institutional funding through a portfolio that ensures independence, growth, and efficient contract management. You will propose new methods to support funding (innovative financing, participation in consortia, creation of partnerships, etc).
- To supervise a multidisciplinary team and recruit the necessary technical profiles to guarantee TRIAL International’s mission. You will manage and implement change in an organization under transformation. You will foster an open and creative organizational culture among employees and ensure transversality by engaging in internal communication.
- To develop and lead a multi-year strategic plan for institutional funding, communications, and marketing in line with the organization’s strategic aims, and to translate said strategy into action plans and annual budgets with KPIs. You will supervise the implementation of the strategy and set up structured monitoring to adapt it to the evolving context.
- To increase core funding in order to guarantee stability of specific programs and the organization (e.g. creation of a reserve fund, increasing investment capacity to finance forgotten causes, launching new campaigns and activities, etc).
- To ensure the compliance of TRIAL International’s actions and management methods with donor requirements by defining a clear framework for them. You will engage the organization with its donors and partners and establish transparent and efficient procedures regarding fund management.
- To guarantee and reinforce the visibility of TRIAL International as a leading legal organisation fighting impunity, notably in the fields of universal jurisdiction and corporate accountability.
- Previous experience in a leadership role with progressive responsibility for an organization’s fundraising and communications functions with multidisciplinary teams.
- A proven track record of securing funding from high-profile institutional donors, trusts and foundations.
- Demonstrated managerial and communication skills, ability to provide strategic direction and implement change with an entrepreneurial spirit, as well as the ability to work transversally in a complex environment.
- A strong understanding of the funding landscape in the human rights sector is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to manage existing and cultivate new relationships with institutional and individual donors, as well as other key stakeholders, such as policymakers, journalists, etc.
- Passionate about and experienced in human rights, and open to travel both within Switzerland and internationally.
- Analytical skills, ability to identify potential of projects and sound understanding of project management.
- Highly developed written and oral communication, negotiation, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Fluency in French and English is a must, German is an asset.
- Swiss or EU/EFTA nationals or in possession of a valid work permit in Switzerland.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting and varied opportunity in a dynamic organization in full development and within a committed and motivated team.
- Department : External relations
- Reporting to : Executive Director
- Workplace : Geneva, Switzerland
- Workload : Full-time position (40h/week)
- Type of contract : Permanent contract
- Start date : As soon as possible
The conditions of employment offered correspond to those in force in the NGO sector, with 5 weeks annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send a complete application (cover letter of maximum one page, CV including three professional references with phone and email numbers, diplomas and certificates) to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We invite you to send your CV without a photo.