TRIAL International is a non-governmental organization fighting impunity for international crimes and supporting victims in their quest for justice. We are looking for a fast-learning and driven digital intern to join our External Relations department in Geneva.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in communications, computer science or other relevant background. He/she will have a sound web and social media culture and already be familiar with digital communication and fundraising tools. A demonstrated interest for human rights is an asset.
The digital intern will play an active role in the development of TRIAL’s digital strategy, mainly through the following tasks:
‣ Managing TRIAL’s Twitter and Facebook channels daily
‣ Making suggestions to expand the organization’s online community
‣ Managing and optimizing the website’s content
‣ Following up on maintenance and technical improvements
‣ Driving online engagement and ensuring maximum online reach
‣ Editing photos and producing visuals for digital formats
‣ Managing and improving the multimedia library
Newsletter & database
‣ Putting together and sending the monthly newsletter
‣ Helping with the production of other emailings (media release, fundraising appeals, etc.)
‣ Updating and expanding the organization’s CRM database
‣ Producing regular stats reportsto analyze TRIAL’s digital presence, and suggest paths to improvement
‣ Contributing to the team’s administrative duties
In order to execute his/her tasks, the successful candidate should possess the following skills:
‣ Native speaker in French, with an excellent written and spoken command of English(C1 or above)
‣ Demonstrated experience in community management
‣ Demonstrated experience in managing a CMS (mastering of WordPress an asset)
‣ Knowledge of optimization tools an asset
‣ Mastering of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) an asset
‣ Capacity to work independently, flexibly and to take initiatives
‣ Duration: 6 months
‣ Working percentage: 80-100% (32-40h)
‣ Remuneration: TRIAL International is part of the We Pay Our Interns Initiative and provides a stipend for every internship
‣ Start date: Monday 4 February 2019
‣ Permit: candidates must hold a valid residence permit for the duration of their stay in Geneva
‣ Expenses: transport and housing expenses are not defrayed
Candidates must send their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 20 December 2018, with the subject line “Application for Digital Internship”. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in early January and the interviews will be conducted in the week of 14-18 January 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application. Good luck!