TRIAL International is a non-governmental organization fighting impunity for international crimes and supporting victims in their quest for justice. We are looking for a fast-learning and driven digital intern to join our Communications team in Geneva.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in communications, computer science or other relevant background. He/she will have a sound web and social media culture and already be familiar with digital communication tools. A demonstrated interest for human rights is an asset.
The digital intern will play an active role in the development of TRIAL’s online visibility, mainly through the following tasks:
- Managing and optimizing the website’s content
- Following up on maintenance and technical improvements
- Driving online engagement and ensuring maximum online reach
- Managing TRIAL’s Twitter and Facebook channels daily
- Making suggestions to expand the organization’s online community
- Editing photos and producing visuals for digital formats
- Managing and improving the multimedia library
Newsletter & database
- Putting together and sending the monthly newsletter
- Helping with the production of other emailings (media release, etc.)
- Updating and expanding the organization’s database
- Producing regular stats reports to analyze TRIAL’s digital presence, and suggest paths to improvement
- Contributing to the team’s administrative duties
In order to execute his/her tasks, the successful candidate should possess the following skills:
- Native speaker in English or French, with an excellent written and spoken command of the other language (C1 or above)
- Demonstrated experience in managing a CMS (mastering of WordPress an asset) and social media platforms
- Very good knowledge of optimization tools and best practices
- Mastering of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) an asset
- Capacity to work independently, flexibly and to take initiatives
- Duration: 6 months
- Working percentage: 100% (40h)
- Remuneration: TRIAL International is part of the We Pay Our Interns Initiative and provides a stipend for every internship
- Start date: Monday 6 August 2018
- Permit: candidates must hold a valid residence permit for the duration of their stay in Geneva
- Expenses: transport and housing expenses are not defrayed
Candidates must send their application in English, including a one page cover letter and a CV to email@example.com, by Monday 25 June 2018, with the subject line “Application for Digital Internship”.
We look forward to receiving your application. Good luck!