TRIAL International is a non-governmental organization fighting impunity for international crimes and supporting victims in their quest for justice. The organization is currently looking for a fast-learning and driven fundraising intern to join its External Relations Department in Geneva.
The ideal candidate will be a native French speaker with good command of English and will have an education degree in international relations, political science or other relevant background for the position. In addition, he/she will show a proven and strong interest in human rights.
She/he will assist TRIAL’s Fundraising team notably in the following tasks:
- Drafting, translating, proofreading and layout of fundraising documents such as thank-you letters, reports, project proposals, concept notes, etc.
- Contribution to donor mailings (strategy, drafting, production, mail merge, etc)
- CRM Database: updating donor information, creating new accounts and contributing to new developments
- Donor research and screening of potential new donors and funding opportunities
- Participation in internal meetings
- Contribution to improving internal processes
- Participation in fundraising webinars, relevant conferences or workshops taking place in Geneva
- Administrative assistance related to fundraising activities
The following skills are required:
- French mother tongue or proficiency, excellent command of English, knowledge of German an asset
- Graduate in international relations, human rights, law, history, ethnology, fundraising or a related field
- Motivated to pursue a career in fundraising and have a particular interest in human rights
- Good writing skills
- Command of IT tools -Mac environment- (text, layout, calculation tables, databases, etc.)
- Spirit of initiative, dynamism, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Interest in international human rights law
- Beginning of the internship: Mid-August 2019 or to be discussed
- Percentage of work-time: 80%
- Internship duration: 6 months
- TRIAL International is part of the We Pay Our Interns Initiative and provides a stipend for every internship
- The candidates, if not Swiss nationals, must hold a work permit for the duration of their stay in Geneva
Candidates must send their application in English or French, including a one-page cover letter and a CV to email@example.com, by 4thAugust 2019, with the subject line “Application for fundraising internship”.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.