General Assembly 2021: information and useful documents
TRIAL International members are invited to participate in writing in this year’s General Assembly (GA) of the organization, due to the sanitary situation.
Each member has received by post the General Assembly’s agenda, as well as a voting form which should be sent back on 10 June 2021 at the latest, by post or electronic mail.
Agenda of the 2021 General Assembly
Approval of the Activity Report 2020 and discharge of the Committee
Election of the Chairperson and members of the Committee for a 2-year term
- Election of a new President: Leslie Haskell
- Re-election of outgoing members: Since committee members are elected for two years, the GA does not have to decide this year on the mandate of two current members (Briony Jones and Jean-René Oettli). Only the following are up for re-election this year: Miriam Levy Turner, Sonja Maeder Morvant, Sacha Meuter.
- Election of new members: Yves Daccord and Philippe Bovey.
The members are called upon to vote on both the expansion of the organization’s statutory goals (Article 2 of the statutes) and the adaptation of the statutes to inclusive language.
The Committee underlines in particular that the accounts show a slight deficit of CHF 9’812.93. This amount is fortunately much lower than the CHF 63’195 deficit anticipated by the 2020 budget due to the sanitary situation.
Determination of the amount of the annual membership fees
Article 7 paragraph 4 letter c of the statutes of the organization leaves the competence to fix the amount of the contributions to the GA.
The Committee proposes to the GA to maintain the membership fees at the same level as the previous year, i.e:
- CHF 70 for individual members (CHF 25 for students, people under 25 years old and those receiving AHV/IV)
- CHF 110 for couples
- CHF 200 for legal entities
Appointment of the auditors for the 2021 accounts
Article 8 paragraph 4 letter a of the statutes grants the GA the competence to elect the auditor.
The Committee proposes to the General Assembly to ratify the choice made last year to retain GAS Global Audit Service SA as auditor for the year 2021.